Pharmaton Capsules - 100
Feeling tired, run down, stressed? Give yourself a boost with Pharmaton!
Pharmaton Capsules contain a balanced combination of G115 concentrated Ginseng extract, vitamins and minerals.
Pharmaton Capsules are for the relief of short periods of exhaustion (for example caused by stress), tiredness and a feeling of weakness or lack of vitality. This is daily fatigue, a condition associatd with a busy, hectic lifestyle.
They also help prevent and treat symptoms caused by ill balanced or deficient nutrition.
Pharmaton Capsules are suitable for both men and women but not for children.
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking
Pharmaton® Capsules because it contains important
information for you to get the best results.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to use it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you develop new
symptoms or if your symptoms get much worse or have not
shown any sign of improvement over 4 weeks.
• If a side effect occurs and gets troublesome, or seems serious
to you, or if you experience a side effect not listed in this
leaflet, please tell your pharmacist or doctor.
1. WHAT PHARMATON® CAPSULES ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE
Pharmaton® Capsules are a multivitamin, mineral and ginseng
supplement. Each capsule contains standardised Ginseng
extract G115® with Vitamins A, B group, C, D, E, Nicotinamide,
Folic acid, Biotin, and minerals Iron, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium,
Zinc, and Selenium.
See Section 6 (Further information) for a complete list of the
ingredients and quantities in each capsule.
Pharmaton® Capsules are for:
• Relief of daily fatigue associated with a busy, hectic lifestyle.
Symptoms of daily fatigue include temporary periods of
exhaustion (for example caused by stress), tiredness and
a feeling of weakness or lack of vitality.
• Ill-balanced or deficient nutrition, where needed to prevent
or treat symptoms of vitamin and mineral deficiency.
Pharmaton® Caspules contains Ginseng G115® which works
by enhancing mental and physical performance, and through
the combined action with vitamins and minerals on the basic
Pharmaton® Capsules are suitable for adult men and women
but not for children.
More information about daily fatigue
Daily fatigue is associated with a busy, hectic lifestyle, and
symptoms may include:
• Lack of energy
• Increase in rest requirements
• Energy not restored even after sleep
• Decreased mental and physical performance
• Lack of concentration
Lifestyle changes that may help to overcome daily fatigue include:
• Healthy eating
• Regular exercise, such as a midday stroll
• Take time out to allow for relaxation
• Prioritise work loads, instead of cramming too much into one day
• Delegate tasks at work and home
• Find new ways to deal with stress
• Learn to say no when there are too many demands on
• Reduce the intake of alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE PHARMATON® CAPSULES
Do not take Pharmaton® Capsules if:
• You are allergic to any of the ingredients listed in Section 6
of this leaflet
• You have severe problems with your kidneys
• You have high iron levels, or a condition such as
“haemochromatosis”, which is caused by a problem that
may run in your family
• You have problems with high levels of Vitamin A or D in
• You have problems with high levels of calcium in your
blood or urine
Do not take this medicine if any of the above applies to you.
If you are not sure, talk to your pharmacist or doctor before
taking this medicine.
Taking other medicines
The following medicines should not be taken with Pharmaton®
• Vitamin A derivatives called “retinoids” (prescribed to treat
acne), or Vitamin D treatment
Before taking Pharmaton® Capsules you should tell your
pharmacist or doctor if you are taking any of the following
• Medicines to thin the blood called “anticoagulants” such as
warfarin. This is because your doctor will need to monitor
your blood before you start or stop taking Pharmaton® Capsules
• Levodopa (used to treat Parkinson’s disease)
• Antihypertensives (medicines used to lower your blood
• Depressants or stimulants which act on the central nervous
• Tetracycline antibiotics such as tetracycline, doxycline,
Food, drink, vitamin and mineral supplements
It is important not to take too much Vitamin A, D, or iron.
You should consider your daily intake of all vitamins and
minerals taking into account all sources including food and drinks.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Pharmaton® Capsules contain Vitamin A.
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or are likely to
become pregnant as large doses of vitamin A may harm the
baby, especially if used during the first three months of pregnancy.
Do not take this medicine if you are breast-feeding
Important information about the ingredients
• Pharmaton® Capsules contain peanut oil (also known as
arachis oil). If you are allergic to peanut or soya, do not take
• Pharmaton® Capsules contain a small amount of lactose.
If you are intolerant to lactose or you cannot digest it, do
not take Pharmaton® Capsules
• If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pharmaton®
Capsules listed in Section 6, do not take this medicine.
3. HOW TO TAKE PHARMATON® CAPSULES
Follow the instructions printed in this leaflet. Talk to your
pharmacist or doctor if you develop new symptoms or if your
symptoms get much worse or have not shown any sign of
improvement over four weeks.
• Take one capsule each day
• It is recommended to take the capsule in the morning with food
• Swallow the capsule whole with water
Do not give these capsules to children.
How long to take Pharmaton® Capsules for
• Start by taking Pharmaton® Capsules for 4 weeks.
• If, after 4 weeks treatment, you are starting to feel better,
you may continue to take Pharmaton® Capsules for up to
• The usual course of treatment is 8 to 12 weeks.
After 12 weeks, talk to a doctor if you would like to continue
taking Pharmaton® Capsules. The doctor may wish to
investigate your symptoms further.
If you take more Pharmaton® Capsules than you should
• If you overdose on this medicine you should talk to a doctor
or go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack
If a child accidentally swallows Pharmaton® Capsules
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children. This product
contains iron which could be fatal to a child that takes too
• If a child accidentally swallows a capsule, talk to a doctor or go
to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Pharmaton® Capsules can cause side
effects in some people, but these are usually mild.
The following side effects may happen with this medicine:
Common – affects fewer than 1 in 10 people:
• Nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick)
Uncommon – affects fewer than 1 in 100 people:
Unknown – some side effects are recorded so rarely that
their frequency is not known:
• Hypersensitivity reactions including rash and pruritus (itching)
• Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic reaction)
• Feeling dizzy
• Stomach pains
The side effects nausea, vomiting, stomach pains and diarrhoea
are less likely to happen if you take the capsules with food.
FREE Delivery within Ireland for orders over €39!
Orders are normally dispatched within 1-3 working days
Working days are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays), when you order at the weekend, your order will be entered into the processing que Monday morning.
Where possible we will try to adhere to, or even better, exceed these lead times. In the unlikely event that we cannot fulfil your order in the time frame promised we will contact you immediately to inform you of the reason for delay.
Deliveries require a signature and cannot be left without one. Please keep this in mind with regard to your delivery address as selecting your home address while in work will result in a delay of your delivery.
For more information please see - Delivery and Returns