Compeed Cold Sore Patch (15 Patches)
COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch
Up to 12 hours of freedom from your cold sore*
COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch delivers up to 12 hours of continuous treatment * to heal fast and significantly reduce scabbing compared to anti-viral creams. And, because it acts like a virus shield **, the patch reduces the risk of contamination from the cold sore.
It heals*** your cold sore at a comparable speed to acyclovir 5% cream, helping you get back to your unstoppable best – and fast!
* In a clinical study involving 174 subjects 25% of the subjects had a wear time of 12 hours or more. Individual experiences may vary.
** The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.
*** Karlsmark T, Goodman JJ, Drouault Y, Lufrano L, Pledger GW. Randomized clinical study comparing COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch to acyclovir cream
5% in the treatment of herpes simplex labialis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22 (10): 1184-1193.
How to use COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore patch
• You can use the COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore patch at any stage of an outbreak. However, it is best to apply at the first sign of an outbreak - usually a tingling or itching sensation.
• Wash your hands before and after applying the COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore patch.
• COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore patch should be used 24 hours a day until the sore is healed* .
• A patch will naturally detach after approximately 8 hours and should then be replaced with a new one.
• Don’t remove the patch because you want the sore to ‘breathe’. This is actually counter-productive and can lengthen the healing* process. Keeping the patch on is clinically proven to ensure the optimal healing* environment is maintained.
* healing of the cold sore lesion
What is a cold sore?
A cold sore is a common condition caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus that manifests itself in liquid-filled blisters around the lips, nose or chin.
What causes cold sores?
The cold sore virus is usually contracted during childhood.
Nearly 80% of the adult population has the virus, but only 20% experiences outbreaks. These can be triggered by several factors including:
• Low immune system
• Cold or flu
• Extreme weather (cold/heat)
• Exposure to sun
How can we treat a cold sores?
Current cold sore outbreaks can be treated with creams and hydrocolloid patches. The COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch instantly hides, protects and relieves pain while achieving comparable healing time to an acyclovir 5% cream *.
* Karlsmark T, Goodman JJ, Drouault Y, Lufrano L, Pledger GW. Randomized clinical study comparing COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch to acyclovir cream 5% in the treatment of herpes simplex labialis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22 (10): 1184-1193.
How can we prevent cold sores?
Though cold sore outbreaks can’t be prevented, the following may minimize spread of cold sores and reduce the frequency of outbreaks:
• Always wash your hands before and after touching the cold sore lesion.
• Avoid kissing, sharing drinks and lip products until the cold sore has healed.
• If you know the triggers for your cold sore, try to minimize your exposure. For example you can apply lip balms with SPF if your cold sores are triggered by extreme weather.
• It is not possible to avoid infection of the Cold Sore Virus or to completely avoid future outbreaks.
|Product Type||Cold Sore Treatment|
ORDERS MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO BLACK FRIDAY
FREE Delivery within Ireland for orders over €39!
Orders are normally delivered within 2-4 working days
Working days are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays), when you order at the weekend, your order will be entered into the processing que Monday morning.
Where possible we will try to adhere to, or even better, exceed these lead times.
Deliveries require a signature and cannot be left without one. Please keep this in mind with regard to your delivery address as selecting your home address while in work will result in a delay of your delivery.
For more information please see - Delivery and Returns