Online Passport Application Systsm (OPAS)
Irish Citizens who are over 18, and have held an Irish Passport can now apply for their Passport Book and/or Passport Card online.
To complete the application online, applicants are required to upload a digital passport photo - we have tested our systems with the Passport office and can confirm that we can provide photos that meet the criteria laid down by the Department of Foreign affairs.
To have your digital passport taken - Call into any of our 30 stores nationwide.
- No appointment necessary!
- Ask to have a passport photo taken suitable for the Online application.
- A member of staff will take your photograph.
- You will be asked for yor email address - to send your digital image to.
- You will receive 4 printed traditional ID photos and a digital copy will be sent to the email address you provided
- You should receive your email withn a couple of minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: The new online application system is only suitable for Adult Passport Renewals!
How to renew your passport online
- Save your Digital Passport photo on your device / PC where you can easily find it. (NOTE: Please do not use the screen capture function on your mobile device to save your image!)
- Have the following items ready - Your current Passport, a valid email address and your Credit / Debit card
- Choose the option to renew your Passport Book and/or Passport Card online
- You can choose from 3 options - Passport Book, Passport Card or Passport Book & Card
- You will then be asked several questions to confirm you qualify to make an online application
- You can choose either a 34 page standard passport or 66 page large passport
- Now you must choose how to upload your photo - the preferred option is the first one "Photo Provider"
- Click on the Upload Now button to go to the upload screen where you must click the Upload My Photo button.
- When your photo appears on the screen click Submit Photo to check that your image is suitable.
- A series of checks will now be performed, your photo cropped to its final size and converted to black & white - as it will appear on your passport.
- Your image should now be displayed beside a Green tick to confirm that it is suitable - in the unlikely event that the photograph is deemed not suitable, a red x will be displayed and a reason will be indicated - please note this reason and contact your photo provider who will advise what to do next.
- On the next screen you must confirm that in your photo you have a neutral expression and that you are not wearing head wear - once you can confirm both you may proceed to complete your application form.